Thursday, February 5, 2009

No DTV till Summer

Well, it's happened. The official DTV switch will not be until June. I'm against delaying the switch because I think that it will cause more confusion, having less people prepared to switch over. On top of that, I believe that the large broadcasting companies have been being very cooperative to get this going, and they have spent much time, money, and effort having everything ready to go on February 17th. But now, they will have to work to move it until summer. On top of that, Verizon paid billions of dollars to get the 700mHz spectrum, and they also now have to wait. I understand the reasons to delay and I don't think that it is entirely a bad idea. I just think that there were too many things depending on the February switch and too much effort put into having it ready that it will just be a mess delaying it.

On the bright side, at least I'll have a cool birthday present this Summer!

1 comment:

Val said...

I agree with you. Major changes are never easy or convenient, but better done swiftly. It is a shame that all the advertising was done in vain and all those who did prepare did so for a false deadline.